Friday, May 3, 2019

Private Instagram Life

Instagram is testing hiding like counts on photos and view counts on videos on their Instagram feed or profiles. The company is hoping that this will change users focus to the content rather than the post's engagements.

Personally, I love this idea. Instagram users have gone as far as to buy likes and follows from apps which have created fake accounts that will like and follow your account. People are also using social networks to make money. Celebrities like Selena Gomez and Kendall Jenner make thousands of dollars just for posting one picture wearing or using a brand.

Social media platforms like Instagram were created to be a fun way to express yourself and update family and friends on your life. Today, social media platforms feel more like a popularity contest.

I get on social media every morning when I wake up and every night before I go to sleep. I love checking to see what my friends are doing, things going on around me, finding new music or ideas or inspiration through what others post. I, along with others, am tired of seeing advertisement and meaningless posts to gain likes and followers on social media.

The company is testing this concept in Canada and based off of that test period it may become a new Instagram feature world wide. This is something that could change how people use Instagram forever.

To find out more, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Class Reflection

When I first signed up for this class, I was honestly dreading it. The word "law" scared me. The last government class I took wa...